Thursday, August 5, 2010

Old Friends


Sometimes an old friend texts in the middle of the night to ask you to meet with him the following week. Sometimes he tells you that no matter what you have planned this is more important. And sometimes, on rare occasion, your friend knows you well enough to understand that spending an evening enjoying a gourmet burger and a pint with people you love is exactly what you need. Thanks Chris and Paul. Above you see the Crow Black Label Burger, from The Crow Bar in Corona Del Mar. What looks like a simple burger could be no farther from that then a hurtful cliché is from what I want to write here. What you see is a made of a blend of dry aged prime rib eye, and a proprietary blend of all natural Angus and prime beef. In addition to this wonderful blend of beef, the burger is topped with caramelized onions and [I kid you not] Veal Marrow Butter. Coupled perfectly with the potato bun, this burger was packed with flavor and texture, and I loved it. Also those are duck fat fries.

4 comments:

  1. I want to get into my car RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ate this tonight. GLORIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Also, ugh, ignore my new "nickname." It was a writing sample for a job I was applying for)

    ReplyDelete