Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Memphis: Build your own burger
















Tuesday nights are build your own burger night at Memphis in Santa Ana. Needless to say I built a burger. [Top] Mid Rare buffalo on baby greens, tomato slices, caramelized onions, with bacon, chèvre and chermoula. The chèvre was nice, but a bit over powering, the chermoula came out quite nicely adding just the right amount of spice to compliment the buffalo without covering it up. You can imagine the rest, bacon, onions, greens etc. A very savory burger. Buffalo is a touch dry, I'll go rare next time. My friend had a southern sandwich as his custom burger, I hesitate to call it a burger though. Fried Chicken with red onion, bacon, and a fried egg, with melted aged cheddar, smothered in rich country gravy. Both came on a very nice egg burger bun. I got sweet potato fries, and he got gumbo. It was good.

ISO 300
30mm
f/4.0
1/50 sec
Canon 430ex speedlite [bounced off of the wine list]

No comments:

Post a Comment