Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mexican Sea Food!



So the thing about a week eating food in Ensanada is that it can be dangerous. I don't mean that the people or that places are dangerous at all, I felt safe the entire time during my trip, with the exception of every time I walked by a mariscos cart on the streets. A mariscos [I'm bad at Spanish, and even worse at Spanish spelling so correct me if you can] cart is a street cart, much like a hot dog cart or a corn cart. However at a mariscos cart they sell mariscos. Which is fresh seafood. Mostly shell fish and ceviche. If you know me well you know that I have a weakness for seafood. If you know me well you know that I have a weakness for raw seafood. Naturally walking past a cart on the streets where I can get an oyster for a dollar... well you get the point. In Mexico I lived by the following rule. If you can see the ocean, its ok. Each of these shellfish were shucked and cleaned right before my eyes. They were all delicious.

ISO 640
f/10.0 [the clam in the middle is f/8.0]
28mm [the oysters are 35mm]
1/320 sec 1/125 sec 1/160 sec resp.

2 comments:

  1. Mariscos is correct. Buying oysters in April is not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't oyster season debatable? I've never had this question answered satisfactorily. There was a whole segment on NPR and I still came away thinking, "So, when can I buy oysters?"

    ReplyDelete